Reliable communication and record keeping are not optional for field service companies. They are a necessity. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the need for reliable communication and updated records has increased exponentially. why?
The problems that companies face
For service and installation companies, about 95 percent of employees’ time is spent outside the office. This means to remain effective they need a reliable way to communicate with senders to get updates on the following:
- When and where to provide services
- What services are required and what tools should be provided?
- Information on last minute schedules or job changes
- Current COVID-19 status and regulations
Additionally, due to COVID-19, many regional governments are requesting additional steps for field service companies and their workers. Some common requirements include:
- COVID testing every 48 hours for field workers
- Validation to ensure the workplace is COVID-free
- Information on how to enter the work site so that the field worker does not communicate with the client
- Safety reminders are sent to field workers before and after every job
- Safety checklist to ensure protocol is followed
- Minutes of the above-mentioned requirements and their results
Reliable communications save time and money. And during an epidemic, it directly affects the health and safety of employees. Field service companies need a system to ensure that appropriate documents and information are distributed, collected, and recorded in a reliable manner.
ExpandIT provides the answer
ExpandIT’s solution for service and installation companies has multiple communication and reporting capabilities. It helps companies stay up to date and on the same page, so that nothing slips through the loopholes.
The ExpandIT solution consists of three main components:
This portal allows customers to communicate directly with company employees. They can access:
- Integrated Messaging
- Collaboration with the office or field worker
- Share documents
This means no longer making lengthy calls to the customer service department. Clients can ask questions, share concerns, and access important documents through the ExpandIT service portal.
Designed for field workers, ExpandIT Field Service has a mobile client that works online or offline on any mobile device, tablet or laptop. From here, field workers can:
- Message office staff
- Contact the end customer
- Access document sharing capabilities
- Keep important documents like worksheets, reports, and organizational forms digitally instead of on paper
This tool allows planners and dispatchers to assign workers to specific jobs and keep track of where they are at all times. Planners can:
- Send letters or attach photos and documents to field workers
- Add important comments and instructions to specific important documents that can be shared with the service technician in the field
- Send feedback directly to the end customer through ExpandIT’s integrated service portal
- Add documents and files for both field worker and end customer
ExpandIT improves operational efficiencies, ensures compliance, and enhances customer experience. As if the above benefits weren’t enough, it also integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, NAV, Finance and Operations, and AX.
Is ExpandIT Right for You?
Real-time communication and accurate records are vital for field service companies. With digital record keeping, advanced communication capabilities, virtual meetings, and seamless integration, ExpandIT helps companies stay ahead of the curve during this crisis period. Think it might be a good fit for you?
Learn more about how the ExpandIT solution can help your company increase productivity and move forward despite challenges by ordering