When starting a discovery with a potential customer, we ask many questions that focus on business operations. One of the areas we address is the payroll system and the provider they use. We ask this question for several reasons.
First, the answers we generally get are the typical names in the Human Capital Management (HCM) industry. Very few companies say they process payroll at home. The second reason we ask is that the cloud ERP products we sell, implement, and support do not have a payroll module. We depend on the client to outsource the payroll.
The main reasons for corporate salaries are:
- Reduce the administrative burden.
- Transferring risk and liability to the payroll operator.
- Payments and filings to federal, state, and local agencies.
- Online and mobile employee self-service
- Various rules, updates, state and employee accounts, and rapid government changes
- Pay people in a variety of ways, tailored to each employee
- Reducing the time (hidden cost) it takes to process payroll and the overall cost of the process. Companies that still manage payroll in-house, spend an extra 100 hours on payroll annually versus those that outsource.
- Payroll requirements continue to evolve and become more complex
- Lack of resources internally when service providers have more experience, expertise and scale to get in-depth resources and economies of scale.
- Integrate with other systems that feed data into payroll such as time and attendance, human resources, benefits, and 401k management.
With our experience, products, and history, Alta Vista Technology can recommend solutions not only for accounting and ERP, but for many business processes including the payroll system. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about cloud accounting and payroll, please reach out to us. You can call us at 855.913.3228 or send us an email [email protected]. You can even